Agape OPC is specialised and certified to develop those skills critical to a successful team effort:
- effective communication
Through adventure education activities participants gain a greater awareness of the group process, and learn skills that, when taken back to the office, school or organization can promote healthier relationships both internally and externally.
What to expect in a half day programme?
While a half day is not a lot of time to explore group process or team issues, the following objectives can be met in this time frame:
- Allowing participants to get to know one another quickly and differently than they might in the work place which, in turn, which helps to strengthen workplace relationships and productivity.
- Establishing, up front, a sense of team camaraderie and a greater awareness of the importance of teamwork.
- Creating an atmosphere of mutual support in which cooperation, encouragement and interpersonal concerns are emphasized.
What to expect in a full day programme?
A day long program would reinforce the objectives that can be achieved in a half-day program and additionally serve to:
- Help participants to assess critical factors in team tasks and more deeply explore how teams can effectively capitalize on group resources.
- Help participants further develop clear and effective communication skills.
A full day also lends itself more easily to bringing the groups together in the afternoon for a closing large group activity. This can be particularly valuable for participants that are part of the same team, yet are not in every-day contact with each other. We have used many different closing activity designs which encourage participants to share their key learning’s and insights from the day in a creative fashion, often providing a meaningful segue into action planning for returning to the work place.
What to expect in a camp?
Any team building program longer than one day increases a group’s ability to focus on and analyze issues that are important to the team. A broader range of problem solving activities can be presented with longer periods of time for discussing and drawing out the key learning’s of that experience for the group. The benefit of the additional day is that the participants have more opportunities to:
- Examine their actions and behaviors and understand what they can do differently to improve their individual and team performance.
- Develop action plans that will reinforce the key learning’s of the program and actively encourage the participants to bring these insights into the workplace.
The longer time frame allows for more options in terms of what types of activities can be presented, as well as other learning modules that may have relevance to your company’s goals for the program.
What is the format?
The objectives for any program can be met by guiding teams through a series of ice-breaker acquaintance, trust and problem solving activities. Each team would participate in a circuit of problem solving initiatives which vary in rigor and graduate in difficulty, serving to accomplish the following goals:
- To provide opportunities for participants to interact in a non-threatening, fun and engaging environment.
- To provide a forum where participants take some risks but where their efforts become more important than success and failure.
- To provide opportunities for participants to enhance their personal effectiveness as a team player.
- To create an environment which illuminates many of the essential components of high performing teams: vision, goals and priorities, trust, clear communication, flexibility, and feedback.
While the optimum group size for most of our activities ranges from 15-20 individuals per facilitator, our staff can still be effective facilitating groups up to fifteen participants.
Activity selection, specific insights and metaphors would be related to the issues and goals of the client. The activities are within everyone’s realistic attainment. Agape’s Challenge By Choice philosophy encourages individuals to participate at the level s/he is comfortable. In other words, the reluctant person is never forced to do anything and should an individual choose not to participate physically, there is still ample opportunity to be fully involved.
To engage Our Outdoor Adventure Facilitator / EFI (MOE Registered), please click here.
Contact our specialist at 66942110 or email to us at enquiries@agapegroupholdings.